Sony Mobile Communications unveiled Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, the ever slimmest, lightest, dust-tight and Waterproof compact android tablet. Sporting an 8-inch Full HD display, it is 6.4mm slim and weighs just 270 grams. With IP65/68 rating, it is water as well as dust resistant. On the inside, the tablet comes powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5GHz and coupled with 3GB RAM. It also boasts a battery life at up to 13 hours of video playback.
The Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact runs Android 4.4 KitKat out-of-the-box, and sports an 8-inch WUXGA (1920×1200 pixels) TRILUMINOS display powered by X-Reality for mobile picture engine.
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact Specifications:
- 8″ display (WUXGA, 1920×1200 pixels)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.5 GHz Quad-core
- 8.1 megapixel camera
- 8x digital zoom
- Front-facing camera, HD 1080p for video chat and 2.2 MP for camera capture
- HD video recording (1080p)
- Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor
- RAM: 3 GB
- Flash memory: Up to 16 GB
- Expansion slot: Up to 128 GB microSD
- 3.5 mm audio jack with Digital Noise Cancelling (DNC)
- USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support
- Native USB tethering
- Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync, Facebook, Google and SyncML
- Wi-Fi and W-iFi Hotspot functionality
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Battery : 4500 mAh
- Dimension: 213 x 123 x 6.4 mm
- Weight: 270 g
The tablet also features PS4 Remote Play, which allows users to stream their PS4 games onto the tablet over the home Wi-Fi network – this functionality will only be rolled out in November. A DualShock 4 Wireless Controller and GCM10 Game Control Mount will be required to play games. There is no word on the pricing, but it is expected to hit markets during Autumn 2014.