After the announcement of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Korean company Samsung has also revealed at the IFA technology trade show in Berlin, the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. It is a smartphone with a screen that curves around the phone on one side and sports a 16MP rear-facing camera and a 3.7MP front camera.
Photo credit: cnet.com
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is actually a little shorter than the Note 4, but it is a little wider, accommodating that curved edge coming in at 3.8mm wider and 2.2mm shorter than the Note 4. The 5.6-inch Super AMOLED display is dubbed as “Quad HD+”, which gives it a resolution of 2560 x 1440, with an extra row of 160 pixels in that curved right-hand edge. Samsung is using this curved bar to hide UI elements like play and pause when watching something, or extra functions of the Note software, which is a nice touch
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Specifications:
- 5.6-inch WQHD Super AMOLED display, 2560×1440 @539ppi
- 2.7GHz quad-core processor
- Adreno 420
- 3GB of RAM
- Expandable 32GB/64GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- Built-in Optical Stabilization
- 3.7-megapixel front camera with 120-degree angle lens
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Dimension: 151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 174 g
Pricing and availability in the Philippines will soon be announced, just keep on coming back. For discounted Samsung Galaxy products get them at Lazada Philippines.