Huawei finally launched the successor to last year’s Ascend P7 smartphone, the new flagship smartphone looks sleek, very powerful, and comes with many unique features. The company also unveiled the P8 Max, a massive, phablet version of the device.
Huawei P8 looks polished, double chamfered edges just like those found on the iPhone 5. The 5.2-inch IPS screen is almost bezel-free with a resolution of 1,920 x 1080 pixels, and the entire device is encased in an aluminum unibody. The Huawei P8 Max has the same look, but packs a massive 6.8-inch 1080p JDL screen for those who what a tablet-sized smartphone.
Huawei P8 Specifications:
- 5.2-inch IPS Full HD display @ 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Full metal aluminum unibody
- 64-bit Kirin 930 octa-core processor
- 13MP rear camera with OIS and 4-color RGBW sensor
- DSLR-level Independent Imaging Signal Processor (IISP)
- 8MP front camera
- Huawei Signal+
- Huawei Roaming+
- Huawei Voice+
- Dual-SIM/dual 4G LTE
- 144.9 x 71.8 x 6.4mm
- 2600mAh battery
- Silver, gold, black and grey
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1
Huawei P8 will cost $530 for the 16GB models, or $630 for the 64GB versions while the Huawei P8 Max will cost at $582 for 16GB and $688 for the 32GB version. The phones will launch in 30 markets first, before expanding to 100 markets shortly thereafter. Initial launch countries include China, Colombia, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, UAE, and the United Kingdom, among others.